Fuel Filter

carlearner

I have a 2000 Camry 4 cyl 2.2 L engine ...Does anyone know the location of the fuel filter and does it require replacement?....

Not sure of the exact location, but you definitely need to replace that every once in awhile. A clogged fuel filter can eventually lead to a dead fuel pump, and replacement of the filter is MUCH cheaper than replacing a fuel pump.

Not sure of the exact location, but you definitely need to replace that every once in awhile. A clogged fuel filter can eventually lead to a dead fuel pump, and replacement of the filter is MUCH cheaper than replacing a fuel pump.

Very interesting I visited the dealer yesterday ....and the parts man told me the 2000 camry has a fuel filter but he says it doesn't need to be replaced at all!!!!! Well is that interesting? What should I do?

Does any one have fuel filters problems with 2000 camry? Did you change fuel filter yet? My car has 200,000km and I haven't changed the fuel filter yet, I wondering when it might plug up?

Comments are welcomed..

Theoretically the filter is good for the life of the car but with about 120K miles on it, I don't think you are overdoing things by replacing it. It should be down on the firewall on the driver's side with a line coming to it from the fuel rail, IIRC. You might want to hit the fittings with some penetrating oil a couple of times in advance then use the correct size line wrench.

FWIW

YMMV

Very interesting I visited the dealer yesterday ....and the parts man told me the 2000 camry has a fuel filter but he says it doesn't need to be replaced at all!!!!! Well is that interesting? What should I do?

Does any one have fuel filters problems with 2000 camry? Did you change fuel filter yet? My car has 200,000km and I haven't changed the fuel filter yet, I wondering when it might plug up?

Comments are welcomed..

I changed mine around 165k as it was getting clogged up, and causing problems occasionally when the RPMs dropped (like at lights, stop signs, etc.)

yeah, at 200,000km you really should change the fuel filter!

Thanks..Okay guys, I'm going to look at changing out the filter... I'll get back to yous on this topic..

Theoretically the filter is good for the life of the car but with about 120K miles on it, I don't think you are overdoing things by replacing it. It should be down on the firewall on the driver's side with a line coming to it from the fuel rail, IIRC. You might want to hit the fittings with some penetrating oil a couple of times in advance then use the correct size line wrench.

FWIW

YMMV

Hi there DFBonnett

Could elaborate what is IIRC, FWIW,YMMV ???

Thanks,

carlearner

It's basically on the other side of the firewall, on the other side of your feet if you were sitting in the driver's seat.

You are going to need several wrenches to do the job. Buy the filter ahead of time and take a good look at it. This will give you the answer to at least two of the wrench sizes you will need. This job is not easy, the area you are working in the get the filter out is a cramped area. If you have never purchased a set of crowfoot wrench extensions before, you might want to consider it before doing this job. And put a newspaper down on the ground too--you're going to lose about 6 to 8 ounces of gas, which will be running down your arm to some degree.

It's basically on the other side of the firewall, on the other side of your feet if you were sitting in the driver's seat.

You are going to need several wrenches to do the job. Buy the filter ahead of time and take a good look at it. This will give you the answer to at least two of the wrench sizes you will need. This job is not easy, the area you are working in the get the filter out is a cramped area. If you have never purchased a set of crowfoot wrench extensions before, you might want to consider it before doing this job. And put a newspaper down on the ground too--you're going to lose about 6 to 8 ounces of gas, which will be running down your arm to some degree.

Thanks Stevelaw for the information...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2000 Camry 4 cyl 2.2 L engine ...Does anyone know the location of the fuel filter and does it require replacement?....

The fuel filter is located on the drivers side(left side)below the air-box. Remove the air-box to make removal and intallation easy. Its mounted on the shock tower.