Spark plugs

streetz661

I would lik to change my spark plugs on my next oil change, but Imnot really sure what spark plugs would be best for my car. Are iridium spark plugs really that good and would they be good for my car. I would appreciate your suggestions.

I would lik to change my spark plugs on my next oil change, but Imnot really sure what spark plugs would be best for my car. Are iridium spark plugs really that good and would they be good for my car. I would appreciate your suggestions.

Stick with NGK or Denso. Iridium plugs... well, I guess they couldn't hurt too much, if you don't mind paying a premium for them.

Here in the states, we pay about 12 bucks for the Densos. NGK has a pretty good iridium plug, the IX. They're about 7 or 8 bucks and they also last a long time. Champion also now has a iridium plug for ten bucks. Autolite is getting on the iridium bandwagon as well, but there don't seem to be any part munbers for Toyotas as of yet.

I also run Denso Iridium - expensive but they are good..

"you get what you pay for" after all ;)

• 1 year later...
I run Denso Iridium in my Camry. They are more expensive, but they give great ignition and they also last a long time as well. Your car should use the IK16 plug.

You right, they last longer, but they dont give "great ignition". Because you dont NEED "great ignition" on stock non-turbo engine. And spark plugs are not generating spark. Ignition coil does. If you want "great ignition", put aftermarket coil(s), new wires and make a better ignition timing map. IK16 gives same spark as the K16 plugs, they only last longer.