Gas Mileage for 96 Camry

sctyanks

Hi, what's the standard gas mileage for a 96 Camry V6 LE? I have been noticing that I have been only getting 4 or 5km per L recently. The car has just hit 70000km. I am not sure if this is the normal gas consumption within a reasonable range and I just did not notice it before or there might be some underlying problems. I'll really appreciate anyone who can shed some light on this. Thanks s lot!!!

Hi, what's the standard gas mileage for a 96 Camry V6 LE? I have been noticing that I have been only getting 4 or 5km per L recently. The car has just hit 70000km. I am not sure if this is the normal gas consumption within a reasonable range and I just did not notice it before or there might be some underlying problems. I'll really appreciate anyone who can shed some light on this. Thanks s lot!!!

I'm not sure I'm doing the metric to standard math correctly, but I think you're right in line with normal gas mileage. I got approx. 26 highway mpg on my 1997 Camry V6 LE with 170,000 miles.

I'd like to add one other item: I have picked up AT LEAST 1 mile per gallon by using a semi-synthetic high quality motor oil called Drive Clean 7500. It's made by Mobil, the same company that puts out Mobil1, of course.

Drive Clean 7500 generally sells for about $3.00 per quart here in Dixieland, but I think I have worked out the math here: regular good motor oil of ordinary conventional stock, such as Valvoline, or Shell, will run you $1.50 to $2.00. Therefore, not counting the cost of the filter, that works out to $6.00 to $8.00 for the oil every 3K. But even at $12.00 for the Drive Clean 7500 every 3K, I have realized an increase on the highway driving mileage, so that the additional cost is absorbed by the gas mileage savings. Plus, it's just a better quality motor oil anyway. So it pays for itself, depending how you look at it.

And when is the last time you had the fuel filter changed?

• 2 weeks later...

That would explain it. He's worried about the mileage on his V6....there's 4 or 5 mpg difference between the 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder engines.

not to be an ass but the camry is a inline4 not a v4, not even sure if v4's exist.

Hi there ...

I hope you are getting more then 5 km per liter of gas because 5 km = 3.1 miles...

I have 4 cyl 2003 camry it averages 10 km / liter..or 6.214 miles/liter , 28.24 miles/cdn gal or 23.5 miles/US gal hwy and city running. a V6 should get little less(ie. 10%)

The conversion units are as follows:

1 imperial gal = 4.545 liters

1 US gal = 3.785 liters

1 km = .6214 mile

P.S. How are you checking the fuel consumption. Best is to fill up tank take an odometer reading, drive a good distance fill the tank again note the mileage travelled and amount of fuel

used to calculate the efficiency. Hope this helps you out...