Camry tires

Rimatoy

Have a 2002 Camry that came with Bridgestone Potenzas. Never had a car that handled this badly on snow or ice. Even with my low mileage the tires are worn so I'm looking at Goodyear's Assurance Triple Tred.

Anyone else had this handling problem and any suggestions/recommendations?

• 2 months later...

I have the same car, also with Bridgestones on it. Did you rotate them and balance them? I believe they do wear a little quickly, but mine handles just fine. Have you done an alignment recently?

Have a 2002 Camry that came with Bridgestone Potenzas.  Never had a car that handled this badly on snow or ice.  Even with my low mileage the tires are worn so I'm looking at Goodyear's Assurance Triple Tred. 

Anyone else had this handling problem and any suggestions/recommendations?

I have the same car, also with Bridgestones on it. Did you rotate them and balance them? I believe they do wear a little quickly, but mine handles just fine. Have you done an alignment recently?

I had Bridgestone Potenzas on my Supra...drove it year round in Michigan weather with no issues. Sounds to me like Stevelaw is right. Did you check tire pressure, alignment, and do your regular rotations?

Another thought: do you happen to have a Camry SE? Those came with a special speed rated tire that is great for going around corners fast, but not so good in the winter. When you replace your tires, just make sure you get an all-season tire instead of a speed-rate performance tire. There's different kinds of Bridgestone Potenzas; some high-performance, some high mileage.

I have Bridgestone Potenzas on the back of my Gs300 and are nice tires.. but  a little noisey for a luxury car.

I agree on the noisy part. They were great on my Supra for handling, wet traction, etc., but they are a bit loud. But it was a Supra, and already loud, so I didn't mind.

There's a guide on tirerack.com that helps you decide on what tires will work for your car and driving conditions:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/dg/SelectAutoMakeAndYear.jsp

Hope this helps!

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...