Turn Signal on one side too fast

Dontoy

I'm a bit perplexed about the turn signal speed on my '97 Camry. The right position operates fine, at the proper speed. The left side blinks alot faster. Both front and rear yellow lights blink. As far as I can tell there is only one bulb for the front and one for the rear...... I'll appreciate any suggestions

Thanks a lot

Double check the bulbs and see if they are burnt out. I'm not sure what type of bulbs you have, but if you have dual filament bulbs then I'm 99.9% sure one of the filaments/bulbs are burned out. You may also want to use some sandpaper and work the contacts on the bulb real good. One or more of your bulbs may have a bad contact with the connector. Keep us posted on your progress.

I was wondering if the front yellow bulb is a double filament? If one filiment was burnt out it would go faster, but the owners booket lists the part numbers for all the bulbs except that one... Is it a 3156A or a 3157a?

Thanks

It'l say on the bulb, usually. 3157 if I recall.

quote name='Dontoy' date='May 30 2006, 04:46 AM' post='3168']

I was wondering if the front yellow bulb is a double filament? If one filiment was burnt out it would go faster, but the owners booket lists the part numbers for all the bulbs except that one... Is it a 3156A or a 3157a?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I changed the front amber bulb, 1157a, and it worked at the correct speed again. The old bulb looked ok as far as the filiment goes anyway ... but the dash indicator light for a bad bulb is on. I checked all of them even the license plate bulbs. Do I have to disconnect the battery and reconnect like for the engine check light?

thanks

~snipped

Do I have to disconnect the battery and reconnect like for the engine check light?

thanks

Are you sure you checked all your exterior bulbs? That light should reset itself once you've replaced all the burnt bulbs. It sounds as though you have another burned out bulb somewhere.

• 1 month later...