Trunk opening

bskrishna

HI,

I have a problem opening my 1996 camry trunk. I had apparently taken the key out in a wrong position.

now i cannot open the lever beside my seat to open it as well as my key. Is there any manual lever inside the trunk that i can use to unlock it ?. Some ford cars have this feature.

Thanks in advance...

Krishna

HI,

I have a problem opening my 1996 camry trunk. I had apparently taken the key out in a wrong position.

now i cannot open the lever beside my seat to open it as well as my key. Is there any manual lever inside the trunk that i can use to unlock it ?. Some ford cars have this feature.

Thanks in advance...

Krishna

If the last time you opened the trunk by turning the key counterclockwise, you probably deactivated the trunk lid lever in the passenger compartment. Go back to the trunk and open it again by turning the key clockwise. That should allow the trunk lid lever to work again. Let us know if that does not work. Because the master key should also work after that.

• 2 weeks later...