How long can my car last?

rikki90

I have a 1994 Corolla with 189000 miles on it. I've put in two new battery's

and a replaced the alternator twice. I also know that my starter is about

to go out, the dealer quoted me $300 to get a new starter and replace it.

Does anybody have a Corolla with more than 189K miles on it?

I have a 1994 Corolla with 189000 miles on it.  I've put in two new battery's

and a replaced the alternator twice.  I also know that my starter is about

to go out, the dealer quoted me $300 to get a new starter and replace it.

Does anybody have a Corolla with more than 189K miles on it?

I don't, but I know many of them have made it to 400,000 miles. That $300 could equal 20,000 or 30,000 more miles...not a bad price for that many miles.

You are having electrical problems. I had a little bit of electrical problems with my 1994, which had almost 150K on it. And it took a hurricaine to kill that car. I think you will get at least another 50K out of your car. Start using a good oil, like a semi synthetic. Like Mobil Drive Clean 7500 or 5000.

• 2 months later...

You are having electrical problems. I had a little bit of electrical problems with my 1994, which had almost 150K on it. And it took a hurricaine to kill that car. I think you will get at least another 50K out of your car. Start using a good oil, like a semi synthetic. Like Mobil Drive Clean 7500 or 5000.

Hi. Im new here. I used to own a 78 corolla witha 2tc motor and 5 speed. It finally passed on a few years ago( only due to worn rings) at right around 425,000 miles . I bought it from the original owner in 98 and it was at a little over 300,000 miles at that point. The only work done to the car in its history consisted of: 1 used transmission, 1 clutch,umpteen tuneups, 1 timing set, and the usual maintenence items( oil changes, brakes, etc.). IT never needed the valves adjusted, nor had it ever had any major engine work done except the timing set. I know all of this about it, because the previos owner was the daughter of The shop owner where I worked, andf she never got anything done anywhere else, except the clutch. WOW what a freek of nature It was to stay together for so long!! It would have lasted probably for several more years if I hadnt done 130 mph for 45 mitutes straight one day. From that time on, It was all down hill.

To make a long story short, Your car can last a really long time if you maintenance it properly and dont push it too hard.