Modifications

ToyoCamSEman

I own a 2005 Camry SE Special Edition, great car very happpy with it as far as styling goes but....I want more power! I have looked into superchargers from TRD (not for this car though) I have also looked into turbos....Anyone know if it is possible cause as of yet I haven't been able to get some help with this.

John

There are a few ways you can mod the performance. You could help the car breath better by adding an air intake kit... usually get 10bhp with that.

Also not sure if it is available for the camry but you can have the ECU chipped.

I would then look at super chargers (if available)

But i would imagine that if you supercharged or turbo charged you would need to healthy budget to do it.

Great sleeper car if you did! :D

What kind of spark plugs are you running? Irridium, correct? If not, correct this. Also, for $40, get a K&N air filter.

A few extra horses for a few extra bucks.

Also try the Mobil DriveClean 7500 5W30 oil--another 1 or 2 miles per gallon.

Thanks for the advice, actually I did purchase a cold air intake....as for the ECU chip, I have to see if I can find one. I have looked some but I am sure someone must make one!

It's so hard to find performance parts for this car, dunno if its because its so new or because its a CAMRY.

The car has a nice body kit, small lip and 18" BBS Wheels & Z rated tires.

Thanks again,

John

Thanks for the advice, actually I did purchase a cold air intake....as for the ECU chip, I have to see if I can find one. I have looked some but I am sure someone must make one!

It's so hard to find performance parts for this car, dunno if its because its so new or because its a CAMRY.

The car has a nice body kit, small lip and 18" BBS Wheels & Z rated tires.

Thanks again,

John

I am not trying to plug amsoil really, but I am switching to full synth for oil and trans fluid, amsoil seems best, and they just came out with a new air filter that tested shows more air flow using nano fiber, I will probably get one. K and N I have heard can allow more dirt into your engine, any feedback folks?

• 2 years later...
I own a 2005 Camry SE Special Edition, great car very happpy with it as far as styling goes but....I want more power! I have looked into superchargers from TRD (not for this car though) I have also looked into turbos....Anyone know if it is possible cause as of yet I haven't been able to get some help with this.

John

Look into a Squires Remote Mount Turbo Unit. They don't specifically make a kit for the Camry, but they are adding cars all the time. There is a universal kit available that requires you to create the intake portion of the kit, but otherwise is identical to any other kit they have for sale. This is very expensive, but will offer similar to Supercharger performance with minimal engine modification.

www.ststurbo.com

No I don't work for them...

OP,

At the end of the day, the is no substitute for cubic inches to make power. This is not an opinion subject to discussion or negotiation. It is axiomatic. If your car is a 4 cylinder, trade it for a V-6. You can putz around with all sorts of mods (other then pricey turbos or superchargers) on a 4 and the HP gains will be mostly in your mind. Even with pricey mods such as a TC or SC on a 4, a V6 will predominate. Power and torque are all about reciprocating mass.