Synthetic Oil

mduffrin

I just purchased a 2000 Avalon and I'm loving it!!!  Has anyone had any good or bad experiences running synthetic oil.

I've had both. I ran synthetic in a 300ZX turbo and had weird vibration issues at idle after synthetic, and ran it in another 300ZX turbo with absolutely no problem. The car with the vibration problem never was fixed after that, and the mechanics said it had something to do with synthetic oil and variable valve timing?

Just change your oil every 3000-5000 miles with regular oil; you'll save money and your car will be just fine. My Camry with the same motor you have was absolutely perfect and reliable on plain old conventional oil.

I have been running Mobil Drive Clean 7500 semi-synthetic for a while now in my Camry and, coupled with the K & N filter I have picked up a noticable mileage gain. But fulll synthetic is uneccesary unless you are racing your Avalon.

I just purchased a 2000 Avalon and I'm loving it!!!  Has anyone had any good or bad experiences running synthetic oil.

• 1 year later...
I just purchased a 2000 Avalon and I'm loving it!!! Has anyone had any good or bad experiences running synthetic oil.

I use nothing but full synthetics, Amsoil to be specific. Synthetic is the best you can do for your car. It outperforms conventional and synthetic blends in every way. It may cost you 15 bucks more per oil change but I look at it as cheap insurance...