94 Camry LE 4cyl

94cylcamry

I thought just for attachment? How do you attach the balasts?

EDIT:

Are these XENON HID light systems street legal?

Every jurisdiction has its own rules and regulations governing the use of automotive lighting. XENON HID lighting systems that are supplied with the vehicles from the factory are DOT approved.

NO XENON HID conversion kit available from any source is DOT approved if installed outside of the factory. Moreover, in the U.S, this is not street legal for use on public roads. As a result, we officially endorse the kit for exhibition and off-road use and will only sell the kit to be used for these purposes. We are not responsible for buyers who violate the terms of sale while in which they will assume all responsibilities for any unauthorized or unintended use other than exhibition or off-road use.

Our DOT approved line of HID products are completely street legal and are S.A.E approved.

They aren't street legal?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're sort of street legal...they're legal for cars that come with them from the factory. I put them in my old Camry, and never had any issues with police.

Speaking of...I think I still have the HID kit somewhere in the garage if you're interested. I'll have to check and see if a kit for the 1997+ model would be the same as the kit for your car.

Hmm...I *might* be interested. I don't say that to lead you on, only that my parents are going to be a little wary of me ordering parts for my cars before it's even officially mine. But regardless of that, I am interested. If you could let me know about that when you get the time, that'd be great. Also..for the kit...do you mean the balasts and the bulbs? Also, which bulbs? I guess there are high and low beam ones for the 94 Camry..

Thanks!

I got rid of the car a couple years ago, so I don't remember everything, but I think it's bulbs, ballasts, wiring, etc. Don't remember on the high/low beams. I'll dig it out when I get a chance and let you know. I'm pretty sure it's buried somewhere in the garage. Might be a Katz kit...I'll see if I can find it.

Yeah, but wait until I get a chance to dig mine out of the garage. If they're the right bulbs, I'll sell the kit much cheaper than that...I still can't park in the garage since we moved to Vegas (the result of moving to a house without a basement, darn it), so I have a beautiful 2007 Lexus that can't fit in the garage until I get some of that stuff out of there.

I'll probably look this weekend as I've been getting home after dark lately.

Or you can get one decent kit for low beams and cheaper for high beams (crappy kit from ebay). I doub't that you will be using your high beams very often. At least when you still learning how to drive :)

Who needs high beams when you've got HIDs, anyway?

High beams projects light diffrently. It "aims" higher and projects light much wider. But you don't need them if you are only driving in lit areas such as cities or suburbs.

A lot of times, the high beams will aim up a little too high to be very useful (can be adjusted though...). The HIDs are great for back roads. Just some people will flash their lights at you because they think you have your brights on...

What are your bulbs rated at brightness wise? Like he was saying don't go over 6500k? And yeah I drive on this backroad to get to my house and I don't find myself needing to use high beams all that often...I guess that would be even less with these lights.

I don't remember the rating. I should have time on Sunday to find them though. It's just a little tough during the week because I usually leave the house a little before 8am, and get home around 7-ish. It's getting dark by 6pm lately! (probably earlier tonight...the ash cloud from California seems to have finally arrived here.)

Okay, I've rescued the HID kit from the depths of the garage. Here's the specs:

Brand: Catz (Japanese brand; you can probably Google it)

Two HID bulbs, D-2S HL4 D-d 35W 02240

2 inverters

2 ignitors

1 high/low control unit

Lots of wires and relays

Looks like everything is there that is needed...but it's been awhile and I don't remember if there was anything else.

I think it's just low beams. Should be a 9003 in a regular bulb.

I looked up the bulbs for your car, and unfortunately, I don't think these will fit.

One thing to note: now that I've pulled the kit out and looked at it, I remember having only the low beams as HIDs, and I had Sylvania Silverstar bulbs for the high beams. The Silverstars are also very good and very bright.