94 Camry LE 4cyl

94cylcamry

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's exactly what I think.

EDIT: Although honestly if I made the "dressed up loser", like you said above, I'd essentially be doing the same thing right? Well...without the obnoxious exhaust.

Hmm.

There's a difference between tastefully done and riced-out. It usually goes hand in hand with the IQ level of the driver too. It's amazing how many "ricers" try to race me in the Porsche...like they have a chance in hell. It was even more amazing how many of them used to try to race me when I was driving the Supra. I took great pleasure in blowing their doors off on a regular basis. Or just ignoring them, depending on my mood.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know some of them are quick...I'm not a fan of front drive 4 cylinder sports cars, though. Something inherently wrong with that. The best Hondas ever are the NSX and the S2000 (could use a bit more torque though).

And I dont like anything larger then 2.5L :lol:

And I dont like anything larger then 2.5L :lol:

I guess it's all in what you prefer...I like my car motors in the 2.5l-3.8l range, depending on make/model. A decent size 6cylinder just feels right to me. I like the torque, I like the weight of the car. V8s, unless they are small V8s just seem too heavy. Of course, the 3.6 liter in the Ferrari 360 is pretty sweet...

I guess it's all in what you prefer...I like my car motors in the 2.5l-3.8l range, depending on make/model. A decent size 6cylinder just feels right to me. I like the torque, I like the weight of the car. V8s, unless they are small V8s just seem too heavy. Of course, the 3.6 liter in the Ferrari 360 is pretty sweet...

I like V8 on Mercedes-Benz G55 :lol: 0-60 in five with something. Although I hate SUVs.. And large engines.

I like my friends Maserati Biturbo 2.5 V6. Its an old car (1985) and it's not really powerful (187hp), but we pumped it with more boost, so now it has 380hp @ 1.2 bar. It knocks when we pump more.

But, damn.. 380hp feels really good..

Bah...well Dad came to get me early so I didn't get to check on that 93 Camry in the car lot...and his friend is borrowing our Camry so I won't get to look at that tonight anymore. Oh well. Something tells me I wouldn't have traded my 94 Camry for the 93 Camry even if the 93 had a manual transmission. I do wish this was manual though.

Hmm.

Ok honest opinion of this. I'm about to submit my "birthday list" and I've got this Weapon R Intake thing on it...now would that honestly be an all around better thing to do than just putting in a K&N air filter where the stock one used to be? I mean...it seems like if I if I get the Weapon R...it'll be sucking in a heck of a lot more air, but it'll also be hotter because it's just sitting in the middle of the engine compartment with no heat shield. The K&N air filter on the other hand would have the heat shield, and would also let in a lot more air. I guess it just wouldn't have the sweet sound. Or maybe there's a compromise between the two? Dunno.

Thanks.

Bah...well Dad came to get me early so I didn't get to check on that 93 Camry in the car lot...and his friend is borrowing our Camry so I won't get to look at that tonight anymore. Oh well. Something tells me I wouldn't have traded my 94 Camry for the 93 Camry even if the 93 had a manual transmission. I do wish this was manual though.

Hmm.

Ok honest opinion of this. I'm about to submit my "birthday list" and I've got this Weapon R Intake thing on it...now would that honestly be an all around better thing to do than just putting in a K&N air filter where the stock one used to be? I mean...it seems like if I if I get the Weapon R...it'll be sucking in a heck of a lot more air, but it'll also be hotter because it's just sitting in the middle of the engine compartment with no heat shield. The K&N air filter on the other hand would have the heat shield, and would also let in a lot more air. I guess it just wouldn't have the sweet sound. Or maybe there's a compromise between the two? Dunno.

Thanks.

But the K&N will be in a box with only a small hole in it.. That weapon R thing will have more filter surface exposed to air. Hotter air is less dense, so it has less oxygen molecules in it. The K&N will be limited by the air intake hole of the air filter box. So it will get less of densier air. Its your choise which is better. More air with less oxygen or less air with more oxygen

AWD Celica, circa 1991: 3272 lbs, 200 hp

Celica GT-S, circa 2005: 2500 lbs, 180 hp

Supra Turbo, circa 1994: 3215 lbs, 320hp

correction about GT-Four.

3042 lbs, 255hp @ 0.7 bar of boost (quite low) with 3S-GTE (2000cc Twin Cam 16 Valve)

But yeah, 1991 version was somewhat heavier.

Four-eye was lighter :lol:

Hmm. You said to replace the entire exhaust system if I could...I found an exhaust manifold for 130 bucks...direct fit replacement by "Doorman"...I'm not sure what the point of replacing this would be though...

EDIT: Actually scratch that I found it for 75...haha...but I mean...in order to be worth it it would need to have a larger diameter output right?

I wonder how much "modification" this would take to fit in my car...

EDIT: Wow. I didn't even provide the link for the above...

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/products...aust_system_kit

But then I found these...tail pipes that I guess would have to be trimmed down or something...but there are 2.5" and 3" variants...now question. I mean my car is set up to use only one tail pipe...so how would I...attach two instead of one...factoring in that the two newer ones also have a bigger diameter. Is there some adapter or something? And with dual exhaust....well there's not a second hole in the rear bumper...I may invest in that body kit yet. Haha. It all just seems to amazing...to think that I may actually be able to afford some of it. Wow. Haha.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/products...egory=tail_pipe

Hmm...I'm trying to figure out how the heck people are putting dual exhaust pipes and mufflers on this car...I mean on the passenger side of the car where the fat stock muffler is, there's mounts and ample room for the muffler. However on the other side the gas tank goes almost to the bumper and there's hardly any room..unless it's a really thin muffler. Also, is the "intermediate pipe" the pipe that goes between the catalytic converter and the primary muffler? In that case, in order to put on dual tail pipes, would I have to replace this primary muffler with one that has dual...2.5" or 3" outlets...or would there be a y pipe after that? Or would I have to get that custom made or something? O_o

I like V8 on Mercedes-Benz G55 :lol: 0-60 in five with something. Although I hate SUVs.. And large engines.

I like my friends Maserati Biturbo 2.5 V6. Its an old car (1985) and it's not really powerful (187hp), but we pumped it with more boost, so now it has 380hp @ 1.2 bar. It knocks when we pump more.

But, damn.. 380hp feels really good..

The Biturbo was kind of a cool car, but I hope you did some work on suspension...

Hmm.

Thanks.

If you're working on a birthday list, forget the engine upgrades; ask for the stereo equipment because that's the expensive stuff! Don't forget amp, subwoofer, and satellite radio!!

On the Camry manual transmission: it's just okay. I found the throw to be a little long...

Stick with the auto while you're learning to drive. I learned to drive in a Ford Bronco II manual transmission, and it was absolutely miserable, especially if you live anywhere hilly. That, and burned out clutches get expensive!!

Hmm...I'm trying to figure out how the heck people are putting dual exhaust pipes and mufflers on this car...I mean on the passenger side of the car where the fat stock muffler is, there's mounts and ample room for the muffler. However on the other side the gas tank goes almost to the bumper and there's hardly any room..unless it's a really thin muffler. Also, is the "intermediate pipe" the pipe that goes between the catalytic converter and the primary muffler? In that case, in order to put on dual tail pipes, would I have to replace this primary muffler with one that has dual...2.5" or 3" outlets...or would there be a y pipe after that? Or would I have to get that custom made or something? O_o

Let me ask you this: why do you want dual exhaust? Just for the looks? Or are you trying to increase performance? If it's performance, just get a single high-flow exhaust because then you don't have to deal with a bunch of extra pipes and a new rear bumper. You'll have to do a lot to get a true functional dual exhaust.

Hmm. I guess I don't really need dual exhaust. Even for the high flow single exhaust though...how would I hook up a 2.5" or 3" pipe to the existing exhaust system? I guess I would also need a new intermediate pipe, and a new primary muffler as well as rear muffler...but I don't see where the conversion from the stock exhaust diameter to the new high flow diameter comes in. I wonder if I should just take this down to the muffler place, tell them what I want, and get an estimate...

And I agree for the birthday I may as well just ask for the stereo stuff...Dad isn't going to get me any of the upgrades anyway, I'll have to pay for that myself.

As for the body kit...if I decide to do that down the road, how easy are those to install? I was looking around the rear bumper...and it just seems like a heck of a lot of bolts to unscrew and rescrew in. Is this all that's required? There's no...pasting or anything?

And last question for this post, if I decide to get that body kit, I would want to paint over the portion of the lights that are on the trunk with a black color, and leave the white reverse lights showing. I've seen this done on other Camrys and I like the look of it...maybe also stencil in "Camry" again later. But what sort of paint and method should I use for doing this?

Thanks!

If you get an exhaust made for your car, it'll come with connecters.

Body kits can be pretty easy to install also. Many are just bolt-ons. Just make sure you get a decent one, with a flexible material so in case you hit a curb/parking bumper, it won't crack. Here's a link to the various materials pros and cons: http://www.sportcompactonly.com/body-kits-guide.htm

One of biggest expenses for the body kit will be paint to match...

I think you can probably find some taillight covers for your car that look pretty nice. You could also use a window tint material, or an automotive spray paint (MAKE SURE YOU TAPE OFF THE BACK OF THE CAR FIRST!!!).

I dont recommend you to get those cheap headers, because they are not going to last long.

Make sure you are getting stainless steel header, not the chrome coated piece of crap.. Because after awhile chrome will wear off and whole header will look awful. Not to mention that that crappy coated header will not transfer heat as the stailess steel one will. More heat is trasfered through exhaust walls, less energy exhaust gas has, so less backpressure is created.

About the twin exhaust.. Well it's actually good only if you have two separate 2-to-1 headers. Like - one for two cylinders and the other one for other two cylinders. And each of these headers has a separate pipe.

If you have a stock 4-to-1 manifold then its.. no go ;)

The Biturbo was kind of a cool car, but I hope you did some work on suspension...

You better ask him, because I was there only for engine and turbos :lol:

Although its strange, that it knocked on 1.3 bar. We datalogged a run and datalog didnt showed any lean spots..

On the Camry manual transmission: it's just okay. I found the throw to be a little long...

Stick with the auto while you're learning to drive. I learned to drive in a Ford Bronco II manual transmission, and it was absolutely miserable, especially if you live anywhere hilly. That, and burned out clutches get expensive!!

I learned to drive in a 1987 BMW 324d (yep, the diesel one) with a manual :lol: It was fun. It got even better when I learned how to drift ;) :lol:

Can't switch to automatic now though.. Automatic feels like a manual with a very slippery clutch disc to me :lol:

Yeah...I'd love to have the manual, but I think it's a little better for now at least to learn on an automatic, and take the test on an automatic. After that...well we'll have to see.

What are you going to learn on an automatic? :rolleyes::lol:

I took my test on manual.. ;)

Wow, my cousin came over today with his brand new Chevy Silverado, and I guess it had some scratch on it or something so he got a really nice deal on it. Well he's going about spiffing it up, and I hapenned to walk over when he had the hood up. Lo and behold, he's got a cold air intake himself...some K&N model. My, did it sound sweet.

So really, even if I don't get the performance increase, I definitely want that in my Camry.