2001 Camry Driver Side Power Window

637ABC

Our driver side power window was not working. All the other windows worked from the driver side control and all other window controls. We removed the driver side control mechanism (unplugged) and removed the three little screws from the back, but couldn't get the back completely off. When we plugged it back in, the window worked (at least we were able to get the window closed)----which is where it remains because we don't want to get it stuck open again. Should we have the entire mechanism replaced? New? Used? Should we go to a Toyota Dealer for this? Thanks....we are not mechanics, by any stretch of the imagination! But, if we could save a few dollars ordering the part and plugging it in again, we can handle that. :blink:

• 10 months later...
Our driver side power window was not working. All the other windows worked from the driver side control and all other window controls. We removed the driver side control mechanism (unplugged) and removed the three little screws from the back, but couldn't get the back completely off. When we plugged it back in, the window worked (at least we were able to get the window closed)----which is where it remains because we don't want to get it stuck open again. Should we have the entire mechanism replaced? New? Used? Should we go to a Toyota Dealer for this? Thanks....we are not mechanics, by any stretch of the imagination! But, if we could save a few dollars ordering the part and plugging it in again, we can handle that. :blink:

If your camry is the same as my 2001, there is a little button ahead of the window buttons that locks the windows and doors

(In case a child is in the car). I made a mistake and hit that button ,and my windows would not roll down,.