for those who have posts re: power steering problems

stevelaw

Recently, there have been a few posts from folks who have experienced power steering issues. The following should be of some interest:

For several years now, Valvoline has had a SYNPOWER line of synthetic (and semi) products. The specs look good for the Synpower power steering fluid. Also, there is an AAMCO endorsed product made by LubeGard for power steering systems (except Honda) on the market now, sold as an anti-friction additive. I am now the guinea pig for both of these products. Today's project was to drain the power steering system and refill with Syntec power steering fluid and I added the LubeGard product as well. Will keep everyone posted as to fluid condition and any improved steering, if any.

Today I did a 1 week checkup on the power steering. I thought this would be appropriate after experimenting with a new PS fluid. Set the parking brake and put it in neutral and had a friend turn the wheel hard to port and hard to starboard while I listened up front with the hood opened. It sounded quieter. No change in performance, but I'll probably never have to replace the PS fluid again. Steering feels good. Syntec is worth five bucks and 30 minutes of time. After all, peace of mind is a major consideration as to why us Toy owners buy Toys in the first place.