Drums to discs

TRD99prizm

I am trying to find out some info about what toyotas have rear disc brakes that would easily swap for the crappy drum brakes on a 99 corolla, i'm thinking that celicas wowuld probably be the most likely candidates as, maybe, an 05 corolla XRS. If anyone has done a similar swap and can provide me with some info and give me an idea as to what a swap like this usually will entail and cost, let me know. :)

I am trying to find out some info about what toyotas have rear disc brakes that would easily swap for the crappy drum brakes on a 99 corolla, i'm thinking that celicas wowuld probably be the most likely candidates as, maybe, an 05 corolla XRS.  If anyone has done a similar swap and can provide me with some info and give me an idea as to what a swap like this usually will entail and cost, let me know. :)

I think you're on the right track with the Celica, but why do you need 4 wheel discs? I think the stopping distance isn't bad on the standard brake system. Has your Corolla been heavily modified?

Well one thing that I do know is that if i were able to get some disc brakes to swap for the drums it wouldn't really be that expensive cuz i'd scavenge the parts from a wrecked celica, also I'm switching the brake lines to stainless steel because Corollas from my generation have horrible braking 70-0 in like 200+feet!...COME ON! and both upgrades will help lower that number, hopefully significantly. I do not have a modified, or ricer car but another plus is the look of discs all around versus tacky looking drums, plus maintenance is a hell of a lot easier. Eventually I will swap out the powertrain to either the Celica GT-S's or a Scion tC's 2.4L since TRD now offers a supercharger for it(2.4). I'm not a ricer or anything so I'm not going to tack a bunch of useless unnecessary crap to my car it is a sleeper so that's why the subtle disc brake upgrade is a nice upgrade for the car, since I will eventually Autocross it too.

• 4 weeks later...

You’ll need a JDM AE101Rear Disk hub assembly, complete with working brake cables and especially emergency brake cables.

You can use US ‘90 Corolla Coupe rear disk pads with them but the problem would be finding new rotors.

All sets I’ve seen sold have used rotors that are to thin to resurface and will be less than the 8mm min. required thickness.

Rotors could be obtained from Japan and Australia, and maybe UK?

Have you thought about using Valvoline Synpower full synthetic brake fluid when changing the lines? I just flushed out my lines today and refilled with the Synpower. It has a boilingpoint of over 500 degree---far higher than DOT 3 and DOT4 standards require. I will keepeveryone posted as to how the brakes feel over the next couple of days. Hey--for $4 it couldn't hurt.