Cruise Control Not Working

RBoynton

When I select the "Set" button on the cruise, it will work for a few miles, then the cruise shuts off by itself. The power light on the cruise stock is off when this happens. Now, If I turn on the power to the cruise but do not set it, it will not go off. Suspect the control board is bad, but don't know if the control board is on the servo or if it is separate. Anyone have an idea on this?

When I select the "Set" button on the cruise, it will work for a few miles, then the cruise shuts off by itself. The power light on the cruise stock is off when this happens. Now, If I turn on the power to the cruise but do not set it, it will not go off. Suspect the control board is bad, but don't know if the control board is on the servo or if it is separate. Anyone have an idea on this?

It also could be a wire that's almost shorted out. I had a similar problem in my Camry. Be sure you check that before you start replacing expensive parts.

You definitley have an intermittent problem with your car. Are you having any problems with the tilt wheel?

STEVE