clutch problems

drkman

hi guys,i have a 2005 corolla S, and its less than a year old, and have about 15K miles on it.and i am already having problems with my clutch, its slipping. what is the best way to fix it and save money?....oh and also what do i do when every time i turn on the car the rpm is about 1700?

hi guys,i have a 2005 corolla S, and its less than a year old, and have about 15K miles on it.and i am already having problems with my clutch, its slipping. what is the best way to fix it and save money?....oh and also what do i do when every time i turn on the car the rpm is about 1700?

The clutch shouldn't go out that fast...most Toyota clutches last 80-100k at least. Are you possibly riding the clutch? That's the usual cause for a clutch to go out this quickly.

At this point, if it's actually the clutch slipping, it's not a warranty repair - unless the reason the clutch is slipping is due to a fault in other components. Then you may qualify for all or partial warranty coverage. There's not going to be a cheap way to repair it, unless you can do the work yourself. Have you talked to the dealer yet to see if you have any coverage?

This is probably the most clear case of a warranty issue I have seen in a while. Take it back, and get the dealer to give you the warranty diagnosis in writing.

As for the starting RPS, my Camry starts a little high but runs great. You might have an electrical issue, but the car is brand new--have you looked at your idle screw?

i think it has to do with the bis screw.but wouldnt it happen when i am at a red light, not only when i just start it?and i will take it to the dealership.its just that since this is my first stick shift car,i might have to do something with it burning out fast, but i dont think it would go out that fast.

i think it has to do with the bis screw.but wouldnt it happen when i am at a red light, not only when i just start it?and i will take it to the dealership.its just that since this is my first stick shift car,i might have to do something with it burning out fast, but i dont think it would go out that fast.

It could easily go out that fast if you have a tendancy to ride the clutch. As you're driving, pay close attention to where your left foot is and don't leave it over the clutch. Even a very light pressure on the clutch can burn it out very rapidly.