intrusion detection

swede46

Hi:

According to the manual for my two-day old 2006 Corolla, the intrusion detection system should start alarming if the car is locked and the trunk is opened with the key. The manual specifically says to unlock the car (with the remote or with the key) before opening the trunk. But nothing happens when I open the trunk before unlocking the car; no alarms go off. The flashing indicator on the dashboard indicates that the system is set...

Did I miss something?

--RA

On your 2006 Corolla, do you have a lock which when opened with the key one way prevents it from being opened again from the outside until the key is turned the other direction? Dealer might want to look at the ground connection.

Hi:

According to the manual for my two-day old 2006 Corolla, the intrusion detection system should start alarming if the car is locked and the trunk is opened with the key.  The manual specifically says to unlock the car (with the remote or with the key) before opening the trunk.  But nothing happens when I open the trunk before unlocking the car; no alarms go off.  The flashing indicator on the dashboard indicates that the system is set...

Did I miss something?

--RA

No I do not have that feature.

The dealer says that my Corolla LE does not have Intrustion Detection. the blilnking light on the dash only indicates that the electronic immobilization feature is armed. But I don't remember seeing Intrusion Detection being offered as an option before or after the sale. So I'm wondering, do other LE owners have Intrusion Detection pre-installed by default?

Time to go to the dealership. Where did you buy the car? This will determine issues such as Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, venue and jurisdiction, and general civil procedure issues should the matter go to litigation.

The dealer says that my Corolla LE does not have Intrustion Detection.  the blilnking light on the dash only indicates that the electronic immobilization feature is armed.  But I don't remember seeing Intrusion Detection being offered as an option before or after the sale.  So I'm wondering, do other LE owners have Intrusion Detection pre-installed by default?

The dealer says that my Corolla LE does not have Intrustion Detection.  the blilnking light on the dash only indicates that the electronic immobilization feature is armed.  But I don't remember seeing Intrusion Detection being offered as an option before or after the sale.  So I'm wondering, do other LE owners have Intrusion Detection pre-installed by default?

I'm not absolutely positive, but I think it's an option on the LEs.