A topic of contraversy

Broadcaster

I wish to talk about a topic, the replies of which (gauging from forums that I have visited in the past) has made the poster look like an idiot where they were genuinely looking for some answers.

When a person spends best part of $3000 to get a turbo installed it is natural to assume that he is going to reject anything else but what he has.

On the other hand if someone wants genuinely to do slight mods to get a bit of extra power to be able to get out of tight situations should not be ridiculed for not wanting an air duct to size of an entrance of a cave popping out of his bonnet.

This brings me to a product called E-Ram which a 23000 RPM DC motor by producing a 1psi pressure claims to produce approximately between 5 to 10 % extra horse power.

While I am skeptical of anything on the web, this product has been on the market for over ten years and I have scoured the net to find bad reports, but I have failed to see any reports which shows the makers are phony.

Please try to stay on the topic without calling me names. Any one attempted this product?

Meanwhile I attach a picture of the product

post-5464-035556100 1288487131_thumb.jpg

Never heard of it. Are you going to give it a try?

It is my plan to do that. Being the perfectionist it has to look as though no mods have been done to the car and that the car looks stock although there would be puzzling tell tale signs in the car. It is $300 and not cheap, but the sound and the kick that it makes and the hurricane that it causes must be worth the spectacle. On Dyno on a 3.3 litre car has produced about 20 extra HP on the 6000rpm mark. It does not cause any fluctuations on the computer and is safe. So they say. I want to do more research before contemplating though. And that was the purpose of airing it here.

I hope there would be some response.

9.gif

Never heard of it. Are you going to give it a try?

It is my plan to do that. Being the perfectionist it has to look as though no mods have been done to the car and that the car looks stock although there would be puzzling tell tale signs in the car. It is $300 and not cheap, but the sound and the kick that it makes and the hurricane that it causes must be worth the spectacle. On Dyno on a 3.3 litre car has produced about 20 extra HP on the 6000rpm mark. It does not cause any fluctuations on the computer and is safe. So they say. I want to do more research before contemplating though. And that was the purpose of airing it here.

I hope there would be some response.

9.gif

How did this happen?

Edited by Broadcaster

How did what happen?

Anyway, I'd love to hear the results of that installation. I wouldn't mind having an extra 20hp in my GS.

1 The double post . How did that happen I am sure I just clicked it once

Secondly I will do a write up about that

But I am airing it may be some folks have seen this before

:D

Dont do it! it's just a waste of money and time..If you want a real power go for the boost but more money though,

or if you want just get a basic mods like Cold air , pulley, manifolds etc. and i guarantee you its not a waste a money

I do appreciate the input. I also wish to ask a few questions on the subject.

If a friend says it is a waste of time, while I respect the opinion of that friend, I ask the following

1 Is it a waste of time because it failed to give the performance of a real turbo? and hence the disappointment ?

2 Did it fail because the engine was too worn out for the boost?

3 Did it fail because the size of the engine did not produce enough horse power for the 10% to be of any significance?

4 Did it fail to stand up to the claim made by the manufacturer?

Any of the above except 4 can not be ruled as a waste of time, and in case of number 4 where is the evidence?

Each one of us has a perception of how a product should work rather than what it is supposed to do. All I am asking here is does it meet its specification?

I hope no one is offended by this post.

8.gif

I noticed at a club meet that a friend of mine had an electronic turbo, after everyone stopped making fun of him I asked him did it make a difference, he claimed it was a small improvement.

He said would not buy and install one again. He could of got the same boost from NOS, exhaust or intake.

I noticed at a club meet that a friend of mine had an electronic turbo, after everyone stopped making fun of him I asked him did it make a difference, he claimed it was a small improvement.

He said would not buy and install one again. He could of got the same boost from NOS, exhaust or intake.

Thanks Steve :)