Factory '95 stereo antenna trimmer + cleansing oil

redman1118

Looking for better fm reception on stock am/fm cassett/cd player unit; antenna's clean and fine/am reception's fine.

Toyota a16-406 head unit/w/Toyota compact disc player 34224.

Other units I've used have had either or both an antenna trimmer (maybe this one's hidden somewhere under the faceplate?) and or local/distance boost switch. Niether in evidence on this one.

This '95 camry has 191,000 miles/ strong runner/ excellent compression ..... there's some sludge both in the oil filler cap and on the tappet's though I haven't taken the valve cover off to look at the head closely.

Added a quart of oil; oil went in as quick as I'd expect suggesting to me the oil gallery's are ok.

Looking to clean some of the sludge out through a high detergent oil rather than disassembling/cleaning and reassembling ..... looking maybe at the Pennzoil high mileage oil or?.......

Thanks

Advice?

This '95 camry has 191,000 miles/ strong runner/ excellent compression ..... there's some sludge both in the oil filler cap and on the tappet's though I haven't taken the valve cover off to look at the head closely.

Added a quart of oil; oil went in as quick as I'd expect suggesting to me the oil gallery's are ok.

Looking to clean some of the sludge out through a high detergent oil rather than disassembling/cleaning and reassembling ..... looking maybe at the Pennzoil high mileage oil or?.......

Thanks

Advice?

Sludge removing:

possibly use a product like CD 2 or Valve Medic. These are both high detergent additives to help remove sludge build up on engines. Suggested method for using these products is to add to oil, drive for 200 miles continiously and then drain the oil. You don't want the sludge circulating in the engine and or plugging the filter. May even consider another oil change in 500 to 1000 miles. Oil is cheaper than parts even at the price of oil today.