Airbag warning light

I have a 2001 Toyota 4 runner , recently the air bag warning light came on , I took it to two shops to have it scanned , both had snap on scanners and said the couldn't scan it because the scanner said that you needed an adapter to connect to the under hood diag port and they didn't have it  so i bought one and took it back to them. N ow they're telling me it wont give them any codes . I tried a hard reset and it didn't work light is still on . I checked all my connectors under the seats all seem fine ,anybody have any ideas as to what could be the problem? TIA

Worth checking the seat belt pretensioners on each of the front seats as the connections go weak over time (located under the seats)

You can prove this by pushing the seat rearwards and switching the ignition on to see if the SRS lamp goes out and then do the same rolling the seat forwards and switching the ignition once more to see if the lamp extinguishes.
If no joy, then at least you have eliminated the pretensioners.

Avoid physically touching the connections under the seat (coloured yellow) until the battery is disconnected for at least 30 minutes if you are going to disconnect and reconnect them