Transmission cooler

marshmellowman88

i hear that living in AZ during the summer its a good idea to have a transmission cooler separate from the radiator but i don't know if thats just on trucks or anything that hauls stuff or if i should maybe look in to getting one for my tiny little 08 corolla considering i drive at least 70 miles a day. anybody living in a toasty climate that can maybe help me with this question?

I live in Las Vegas, home of 120 degree summers, so I can offer an educated opinion on this one:

The biggest heat related issue you might have with your car is that your battery may need to be replaced every couple years. No transmission cooler is necessary because you're probably not towing or hauling heavy stuff with a Corolla. It's really not going to help you and will just be an extra expense. Toyota tests their cars in extreme temperatures when they're designing them, so they've prepared the car for the AZ heat already.

I have a Matrix and the transmission runs hot.

Tranny fluid intervals are needed @ 30k miles instead of the Toyota recommended change @ 60k.

Tranny cooler keeps the temperatures down for better tranny life and to a certain extent - longer fluid interval change.

It's not a necessity, but it can be a useful modification.

Think along the lines of Ground Wires.