lost key

adevlupes

Help! I lost the key to my 2007 Rav 4. I think it may have been stolen. I've been told by the dealership that replacing all the locks would cost me about $1,000! I still have one spare key and can start the car, but I'm afraid to have the other key out there. Is there a way to reprogram my existing key (so the stolen one won't work) without having every lock replaced?

Help! I lost the key to my 2007 Rav 4. I think it may have been stolen. I've been told by the dealership that replacing all the locks would cost me about $1,000! I still have one spare key and can start the car, but I'm afraid to have the other key out there. Is there a way to reprogram my existing key (so the stolen one won't work) without having every lock replaced?

No...there's no way to do it. Even if you managed to reprogram the keys, the metal part of the lost key would still work in the car's door. If you think your key may have been stolen, have you considered filing a police report and keeping the vehicle garaged? You must have some specific person in mind?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
you could have all the locks removed and have the tumblers changed inside by a lock smith this would require new keys to be cut and programed to the vehicle

have a hidden kill switch installed may be cheapest way out

redbud