Sienna Fog Lights - Aftermarket

TooLate

Final question today...promise!

Previous topic of 2000 Sienna's dimming headlights has me wondering (again) about adding round aftermarket fog lamps in the knock out spots on the front bumper. Toyota says there's no kit for it yet the spots are there for the 2000 model and the lights are there for the 2001 model.

Tried to get a 2001 and even the 2007 Camry light kits to use there and was told they don't sell those things separately (gotta buy the whole car to get the lights :angry: ). On and on about the wiring harnesses are different, unable to retrofit switches etc. etc.

I've put aftermarkets on other cars but not in a "built in" space like the front bumper knockouts. So, I'm not worried about having to flip a toggle or rocker switch on the dash to activate aux. lights. Their concern was it wouldn't be wired into the normal way stuff was done OEM etc from Toyota.

Please, someone tell me why this cannot be done and then, if so, what brand and lens size you used to do it. Still think the 07 Camry lights would be ideal but they say they don't come separately. So, there's always Autozone, PepBoys etc, even eBay.

Your experiences and technical recommendations would be appreciated.

TL

I had a set of aftermarket fogs that I bought (I think) AutoZone that I put on my old Camry. There was a separate switch on the dash (just mounted in one of those empty slots) that I had to remember to turn off, but they worked great...I just mounted them in the lower grille. I don't see why you can't use the knock-out spots on the bumper. Just make sure you mount them securely. You could also buy the Toyota parts for the 2001 Sienna, and install them on yours, but that will be pretty pricey.