Donut tire for 93 Camry

I had the welds rust through on the left read strut flange is digging into the tire with much smoke when

trying to drive.

If I can find a doughnut tire for the 14 inch wheel, then I can drive the car to the shop, as the smaller tire should clear the broken strut. Anyone know if they even made one the limp home tire for the Camry?

Also, if I can't find the tire, I may be able to tackle the repair but I can't find anyone who will sell me the strut with the compressed spring around it. I'm afraid to try to work with a spring compressor and all that jazz.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

I had the welds rust through on the left read strut flange is digging into the tire with much smoke when

trying to drive.

If I can find a doughnut tire for the 14 inch wheel, then I can drive the car to the shop, as the smaller tire should clear the broken strut. Anyone know if they even made one the limp home tire for the Camry?

Also, if I can't find the tire, I may be able to tackle the repair but I can't find anyone who will sell me the strut with the compressed spring around it. I'm afraid to try to work with a spring compressor and all that jazz.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Did you check the junkyard? I'm not sure if the bolt patterns match (5 bolt on the Camry, I'm pretty sure), but maybe an old Celica spare would fit.... It seems like the Camry has had a full-size spare since the bodystyle you have.

Did you check the junkyard? I'm not sure if the bolt patterns match (5 bolt on the Camry, I'm pretty sure), but maybe an old Celica spare would fit.... It seems like the Camry has had a full-size spare since the bodystyle you have.

Thanks for the reply....I think you're right, that they probably all came with a full size spare. I really like the idea of trying to find an old Celica spare. Yes, it is a five bolt pattern.