eletrical problems?

powerlm

hi! i'm typing this message for my bf. he has a '99 camry 6v xle and yesterday all his electrical parts when out....his clock was out, but now it is a bit dim. his remote doesn't work and the light in his dashboard and passanger side seat mirror is not working...(according to what he told me and what i saw)

does this mean that his fuse is out or a more serious electrical problem?

(i will update the description of the problem as i know more bout it) =)

I would check all the fuses to make sure any of them aren't busted. Also, does the car start OK? Did these problems start all of a sudden? This could be a sign of an old or dying battery and/or alternator.

ok thanks that would help. =)

yes, his car start ok, and this 'eletrical' prob started recently...over the weekend (2 days ago).

here's a more detail description of the prob:

doesn't turn on/light up:interior lights, light on the vanity mirror on the passenger side, remote keyless entry, clock (very dim)

but his headlights and dashboard light is still working. He looked up info on blown-out fuse, and he said his prob match the description of the blown-out fuse except that this clock still works (very dim though)

How long has the car had dim lights? Is this a steady problem since it started or does it only happen some of the time?

hi! i'm typing this message for my bf. he has a '99 camry 6v xle and yesterday all his electrical parts when out....his clock was out, but now it is a bit dim. his remote doesn't work and the light in his dashboard and passanger side seat mirror is not working...(according to what he told me and what i saw)

does this mean that his fuse is out or a more serious electrical problem?

(i will update the description of the problem as i know more bout it) =)