Engine Mounts

camry082

Was looking over my relatives car (95 camry xle 4 cylinder) and noticed the dog bone motor mount was broken. Does this mount usually break when the other motor mounts start to fail? Interested in finding out the order of the motor mount failure most common on this car. Is the dog bone mount broken because it had more wear due to the front motor mount failing. Since the dog bone mount is broken which other mounts would likely be failing. The car has 130,000 miles on it. The steering wheels vibrates while stopped at traffic lights. Any info would be great.

Also, I picked up the "dog bone" motor mount today, would it be a mistake to put that on without replacing the other mounts at the same time or at least the front hydraulic mount. Not changing the other damaged mounts wouldn't this cause the new "dog bone" mount to prematurely fail due to the added stress.

The only thing that comes to mind is that I had to replace one of those dog bone mounts one time. The guy's car continued to have a lot of vibration even after replacing it. I rechecked it, suggested we change the front mount out as well. Vibration stopped.....but that's my only experience with it. Only that one Camry.