Keyless Entry

aggie

Hi All,

I just bought 99 Camry CE with 55,000 miles and hoined this club. I just want to get some information:

1. will it be possible to install Keyless Entry (or security system) and if yes, how much will it cost me?

2. also, I have little problem, during acceleration (automation transmission) it doest not shift smothly, makes little jump. What could be the problem???

I would appriciate anybody's advice!

Hi All,

I just bought 99 Camry CE with 55,000 miles and hoined this club. I just want to get some information:

1. will it be possible to install Keyless Entry (or security system) and if yes, how much will it cost me?

2. also, I have little problem, during acceleration (automation transmission) it doest not shift smothly, makes little jump. What could be the problem???

I would appriciate anybody's advice!

Welcome to the club, and congratulations on the new car!!

In response to your questions: yes, it is possible to install keyless entry. You can get keyless and security done at a Toyota dealer for a several hundred dollars, or you can have it done at a local stereo/aftermarket shop (think Circuit City, Best Buy, etc.) for substantially less. The Toyota product will be the highest quality and most reliable, but the aftermarket product will be MUCH cheaper.

Not sure about the transmission issue, but here's a thought: do you have a ECT button on your car? If you turn it off "power" mode, it may shift a bit smoother.

what is ECT botton???

You'll know if you have it. It's a little button, about 3/4 of an inch long by 1/2 inch wide, and it'll say "ECT" on it, and have a power/normal toggle. It should be near the shift knob someplace if your car has it. I don't remember if that year Camry has it or not....

• 2 weeks later...