Keyless fora '96 (don't have yet)

LynchMob

I am looking to put keyless into my baby... easy to do myself? Cheap? I have no clue where to begin, Nor if ebay/doing it myself is possible....

The Toyota system isn't cheap. It's probably the highest quality and most reliable system, but it isn't cheap. Have it done at a stereo shop...it'll be maybe $100 or so for just keyless (assuming you have power locks, of course) and it'll be relatively painless.

The Toyota system isn't cheap. It's probably the highest quality and most reliable system, but it isn't cheap. Have it done at a stereo shop...it'll be maybe $100 or so for just keyless (assuming you have power locks, of course) and it'll be relatively painless.

I was thinking of more of doing it myself.. anyone ever try??

Minimum of entry... but remote start would rock. Can you do that with a manual??

Manual transmissions are a bit controversial when it comes to remote starts. Some places will do it, many won't....too much potential for liability issues. For example, if a manual transmission happened to be in gear when the car was started with the remote, there's a chance it could take off.

Manual transmissions are a bit controversial when it comes to remote starts. Some places will do it, many won't....too much potential for liability issues. For example, if a manual transmission happened to be in gear when the car was started with the remote, there's a chance it could take off.

I love my car too much to ever force it to stay with me. If she wishes to leave me... i'd allow it.

(LOL!!)