Door Handle on '02 Camry

rkelachim

Hello all. Recently broke the interior passenger side door handle on my 02' Camry. Went to the dealer and purchased a new one and I've been examining the new one to try to figure out how to remove the old one. Looks like I may not have to pull the entire door panel off to replace the handle? Does anyone know for certain if this is the case?

If I do have to remove the door panel, does anyone have any tips on doing so?

OK--tell me exactly what broke: the handle? What does the door panel underneath look like? Anything broken under there?

quote name='rkelachim' date='Jan 7 2006, 03:20 PM' post='2172']

Hello all. Recently broke the interior passenger side door handle on my 02' Camry. Went to the dealer and purchased a new one and I've been examining the new one to try to figure out how to remove the old one. Looks like I may not have to pull the entire door panel off to replace the handle? Does anyone know for certain if this is the case?

OK--tell me exactly what broke: the handle? What does the door panel underneath look like? Anything broken under there?

quote name='rkelachim' date='Jan 7 2006, 03:20 PM' post='2172']

If it is the handle where the window switches are located, you can pry it up from the rear portion by using a thin small screw driver. Remove the srew first underneath the rubber cover on that handle hole portion where you put your fingers to hold the handle. Never pry in the front because the front clip is plastic, the rear clip is metal. Once you get it out, you can unplug all the wire hernesses. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you see the philips head screw in the door handle bezel?

Guys the samething happened to my wife's car. The front passenger side interior door handle broke. We have a 2002 camry. I have no idea how to get the part off and then put on the new door handle. Toyota was going to charge like 500 dollars to replace it. Talk about sticking it to you. Anyways can anyone give me a step by step way of doing so. I have searched all over the internet trying to find a way to take off the interior door panel so I can put the new door handle on. thanks, Mickey

Guys the samething happened to my wife's car. The front passenger side interior door handle broke. We have a 2002 camry. I have no idea how to get the part off and then put on the new door handle. Toyota was going to charge like 500 dollars to replace it. Talk about sticking it to you. Anyways can anyone give me a step by step way of doing so. I have searched all over the internet trying to find a way to take off the interior door panel so I can put the new door handle on. thanks, Mickey

By the way the part that is broke is the handle that you actually pull to open the door and not the arm rest on the door.