Radiator servicable?

harthfire

Hi,

I just got signed up so first is HI. and I should be on here a lot as i fix up my old '94 i've had for 12 years and at 270k. I have to admit this is the first major problem Ive had so i was wondering the bottom strap of the radiator holding the p plastic tank to the core is rusted out and poped off. the core and tank are intact and gasket all seem to be intact. can the metal strap that holds the tank to the core be replaced or is it just a dead duck? (4 cy auto trans 2.2 lt)

Harthfire (tom)

ASE tech here. Think about it. 17 years, 270,000 miles. You have received much better service and longer lifespan than most folks get out of a radiator! Consider yourself extremely fortunate to have gone this long and replace the rediator. Parts are breaking and popping off... Winter around the corner, do it now...

• 1 month later...

Please consider having all the hoses checked out too. They also perish.By now you have paid for your car and have no payments so spend just one payment equivalent $300 or so and replace ALL the components. I would even go as far as the water pump as well as the thermostat. Also have the system flushed prior to getting all the parts in. That way the car will do another 200000 miles and still you will have no payments.

I always do that if I have intentions of keeping the car.

14.gif