Security system light flashinf even while car is running

lwpotts

I just took delivery on a used 09 Camry LE. I love the car except for the security system light that blinks even when the car is running. I test drove the car a few day ago and it wasn't happening then. The dealer detailed the car since the test drive. I googled this but only found people asking why the light was blinking when they turned the car off. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've been thinking about this, and have no good ideas...except perhaps there's an actual problem with the security system/light. I'd get it checked out when you take the car in for your next service as it should be under warranty. Doesn't sound like anything really bad, just annoying, maybe a short or something.

• 6 months later...

Once upon a time I had similar problem

It took a while to sort it out

Admittedly it was not a Toyota doing this but it was another car. However may be this will give you something to ponder about

The security of the modern cars is dependent on a slight voltage drop at points of entry. This means that the information about the security comes from the curtsy light switches from on the doors and bonnet and the boot of the car.

Now picture this

A microscopic tear on the rubber boot of the switch or a bit of rusty contacts, which traps a drop of water in the switch, which conducts slight current to the security and it appears that alarm system is on because the doors have issues. This on rainy days also can be a false setting of the alarm too.

Any way that is my 2 cents on the matter but what do I know?

6.gif