Yaris Mileage

mflores

• 2 weeks later...

:angry: Can't believe it. Over a 1000 views and noone has responded? Either there is not a lot of Yaris out there or else other Yaris drivers are getting less mileage than me. <_<

No experience with Yaris...sorry... :unsure: :( If I'm doing my math right, that sounds like about 40mpg, which is great mileage.

No experience with Yaris...sorry... :unsure: :( If I'm doing my math right, that sounds like about 40mpg, which is great mileage.

In fact 14.5 kms per liter equals 34mpg which for a Sienna would be great mileage but not for a Yaris with an engine less than half the size of a VAN.

The adversited mileage is 44mpg highway and 32mpg city

As already said, I am getting 34mgp in the highway not the 44 advertised.

In fact 14.5 kms per liter equals 34mpg which for a Sienna would be great mileage but not for a Yaris with an engine less than half the size of a VAN.

The adversited mileage is 44mpg highway and 32mpg city

As already said, I am getting 34mgp in the highway not the 44 advertised.

Have you been doing all of your scheduled maintenances? What kind of highway driving do you do? High speed?

Have you been doing all of your scheduled maintenances? What kind of highway driving do you do? High speed?

I bought this 2007 Yaris pre-owned with 23,000 miles in it already. Since then I have done all scheduled maintenance. New air filter, spark plugs calibrated, fuel injectors cleaned.

The one time that gave me 33mpg I drove non-stop for 350kms at 75mph.

Any suggestions? What are the 3 main culprits for high fuel consumption? :unsure:

I bought this 2007 Yaris pre-owned with 23,000 miles in it already. Since then I have done all scheduled maintenance. New air filter, spark plugs calibrated, fuel injectors cleaned.

The one time that gave me 33mpg I drove non-stop for 350kms at 75mph.

Any suggestions? What are the 3 main culprits for high fuel consumption? :unsure:

Speed is a big one...you'll get much better mileage around 60mph than 75mph (lower RPMS = better fuel economy). Maintenance is also big, but it sounds like you've got that covered.

A few things:

Temperature is a factor if you're constantly running vehicle accessories like heat or a/c. If you keep windows closed, especially at higher speeds, you'll get better aerodynamics and better mileage. Don't haul a lot of stuff around in the car...less total weight is better. Make sure your tires are properly inflated.

• 1 month later...
Speed is a big one...you'll get much better mileage around 60mph than 75mph (lower RPMS = better fuel economy). Maintenance is also big, but it sounds like you've got that covered.

A few things:

Temperature is a factor if you're constantly running vehicle accessories like heat or a/c. If you keep windows closed, especially at higher speeds, you'll get better aerodynamics and better mileage. Don't haul a lot of stuff around in the car...less total weight is better. Make sure your tires are properly inflated.

Before I purchase my 2001 Echo , in June of 2000, I researched all I could. Consumer reports showed that long term road tests in cold weather regions proved to shave off about 4 to 8 mpg off the estimated.

I remember driving my echo home from the dealer just over 250 miles on a 1/4 tank. I still average around 32/34 mpg, even after 198,000 miles. I have been very happy!

When I took the baby stroller out of the truck and the car seat out my milage went back up to around 36/38, Amazing what a difference that makes.

• 5 months later...

I have a 2007 Yaris with 40k. The highest mileage I have gotten is 14.5 kms per litre. Is this average? If not, what could be wrong with it?

New yaris - 500 miles of around town driving - 35 mpg. I have not taken it on any extended trips. I had a 2005, 4 cyl Camry that got a calculated 28.8 mpg over a period of two years and 15,000 miles. A light foot on the throttle and speeds less than 65 mpg will up your mileage.

• 1 year later...

I drive an 07' Toyota Yaris, and I get about 36mpg highway. I check tires regularly, oil changes every 3 months, and I keep it parked in a garage - which helps with fuel efficiency. You might want to have it looked at because one of the biggest benefits of driving a Yaris is the incredible fuel economy.