Sign in to follow this  
jimmy jet

toyota truck - 75 or older

i have a 1985 toyota pickup that just barely passed the california smog check. two years from now i probably wont be so lucky. i thought i might like to purchase a 1975 or older toyota truck at that time, until such time that i will get an electric vehicle. 1975 and older is exempt from smog checks. is there a good way to go about this ?

Probably eBay or Traderonline...those are about the only ones I can think of that you might be able to find an old truck like that.

i have 2 years. is there much of a chance that someone from this forum would be selling one ?

another option - get a toyota car that is 1975 or older, just to keep for a few years. are there any models that i should look towards ? any models that i should steer away from ? i just want something dependable, where parts are still easy to get, and that doesnt have to be smogged. i dont drive a lot (6,000 miles a year or so).

i have 2 years. is there much of a chance that someone from this forum would be selling one ?

another option - get a toyota car that is 1975 or older, just to keep for a few years. are there any models that i should look towards ? any models that i should steer away from ? i just want something dependable, where parts are still easy to get, and that doesnt have to be smogged. i dont drive a lot (6,000 miles a year or so).

Corolla is probably your best bet...more of those than anything. And they were pretty simple, so repairs should be easy.