Where to buy oil filters for 09 corolla?

edteach

I've always been a big proponent of using the Toyota factory parts and recommended fluids whenever possible (it's a pretty safe assumption the manufacturer knows what they're talking about), and from what I understand, the Toyota filter is higher quality than many of the aftermarket products.

If the Toyota filter is recommended, designed specifically for your car, and only costs $10 more a couple times a year, why would you risk using some cheap aftermarket filter? Especially on something that important to your engine's health? If you take care of your Toyota, it'll last forever, so make sure you don't do anything potentially problematic.

I disagree with your point, I have used nothing but phram for all my vehicles for the last 30 years and have never had an oil related problem.

Then go ahead and get the Fram branded one if it suits your needs. Typical Fram filters, non-cartridge types, use cardboard endcaps while better built ones use metal endcaps. Cardboard endcaps will collapse easier than metal ones. I used to use Fram religiously until they got sold Honeywell, not sure who owns them now, but now I call them the orange can of death.

The ones I was talking about were the full brand. They are at parts geek. They show a plastic end cap, but it also says that the photo is not spacifict to the car. The toyota OEM do not have end caps. they are a folded filter paper only with an o ring.

The ones I was talking about were the full brand. They are at parts geek. They show a plastic end cap, but it also says that the photo is not spacifict to the car. The toyota OEM do not have end caps. they are a folded filter paper only with an o ring.

To be honest with you I've never ever heard of that brand, just remember one thing, you get what you pay for. Good luck to you if you intend to get those filters. The endcaps I was referring to were for the older type non-cartridge filters.

Are you saying a cardboard screw on filter? If so I have never seen such a thing. I read a comparason of Phram and other filters. Phram came out as good or better than other filters. In fact Phram made some of the filters for AC Delco.

Fram has a long history of reliable filters. I would trust them with your engine. I have not had any problems with using their products for 30 years. If you are unsure or concerned just go to the dealer and buy the OEM filter. It is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

Here's the study I was referring to about Fram making filters with cardboard instead of metal endcaps.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters/index.html

It's a Blog!!! The term you use "study" is a very loose translation. I admit the blogger went to great lengths to do a nice blog job, but a blog non the less.

I received the filters. They are exactly the same construction as the Toyota ones I purchased from the dealer. I did not save a lot of money, but instead of 7$ I paid 3.95 and did not have to go through the Gregg Orr in Hot Springs that is a horrible place to deal. Nasty salesmen who make you sit and wait as they joke around telling jokes in the managers office.