Diff service?

Naz

Hi, my 98 camry has about 165K on it and I've maintained it rather well and its in tip top mechanical condition and I was wondering if anyone knew how often should the differential be serviced? and what can be done to maintain it. Thanks in advance for your advice leighcm :)

I checked the official maintenance schedule for your car, and it's recommended to change differential oil every 15k under harsh conditions (towing, heavy use), but only recommends inspections otherwise. You might want to do it every couple years/30k to be safe on your car.

Here's the complete schedule for the 1998 Camry:

http://smg.toyotapartsandservice.com/guide...8&int_id=44

When you get to 120k, start over at 5k...

I checked the official maintenance schedule for your car, and it's recommended to change differential oil every 15k under harsh conditions (towing, heavy use), but only recommends inspections otherwise. You might want to do it every couple years/30k to be safe on your car.

Here's the complete schedule for the 1998 Camry:

http://smg.toyotapartsandservice.com/guide...8&int_id=44

When you get to 120k, start over at 5k...

ahh i see. i'll have the oil changed next time I go in for service in that case. I might have my trans serviced, I'v only had the fluid changed in the trans but the servicing power washes out the trans and the diff and puts new fluid in both so it might be worth it to get it done now.