Leaky Camry(s)

mownhoj

Hello,

My cousin and I have nearly identical 99 Camrys and we are both having the same problem with rainwater leaking into our cars. At first I thought it was my sunroof but I tested all the drains and they are flowing properly. Then my cousin's car started leaking and she doesn't have a sunroof so I think I can safely rule that out with my car. She can see where the rain is coming in about midway up the side of the windshield on the driver's side. I cannot see where the water is coming into my car. The water collects on her driver's floorboard and mine on the passenger side.

I was thinking that maybe the rubber molding around the windshields have just gotten old and need to be replaceed, they both look as though they have shrunk and left gaps. Has anyone had any experience with this issue and repaired it?

Thanks,

John

Does installing new seals mean that I have to have a windshield shop install them? I had to do that once to a Jetta a while back, it was the only way to make the windshield stop leaking. The difference was that I was sure it was the windsheild that was leaking with the Jetta, it dripped into my lap. The Camry I've never been able to actually see the water coming in.

Does installing new seals mean that I have to have a windshield shop install them? I had to do that once to a Jetta a while back, it was the only way to make the windshield stop leaking. The difference was that I was sure it was the windsheild that was leaking with the Jetta, it dripped into my lap. The Camry I've never been able to actually see the water coming in.

I believe on a 99 the windshield is glued in and there is no rubber seal. NOTE: I could easily be wrong but most cars today use the windshield as a stressed member to add strength to the roof in a roll over situation.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry...wasn't paying close enough attention. I was talking about the ones on the doors...

yeah i agree that it is probly the sells on the doors. My rubber seal on my 98 camry on the passenger door has detached from the car. only thing keeping it where it is, is the rear door remaining shut/still adhesive and some of the still adhesive glue towards the windshield. Hasn't leaked yet but I'v been meaning to fix it.