2004 Corolla S Air leak at wheel stem

dapqam

I have another nagging problem with my daughter's 2004 Corolla S. The mag wheels have a very slow leak around the stems. Has anyone else had this problem? What is the cure? Is there a glue or other sealer that can be used when the stems are replaced? We will be replacing the tires in a few months and I want to make sure to resolve this problem then. Do the stem seats have to be cleaned out in some special way? We live in an area that uses salt during the winter. I suspect this is part of the problem.

Alloy wheels will typically lose air during temperature swings (20-30 degrees, but more noticeable if it's a quick change)...it's one disadvantage over steel wheels, unfortunately. Salt will also corrode the wheels and could easily contribute to your seal problem. There's no special way to clean valve stems that I've ever heard of...sorry.

probably tires are going bad.

Just don't know what can cause a stem to go bad though.

Perhaps one of those "fix a flat" sprays can be a temporary fix till you replace the tires.