Drivers Seat Failure

JoelH

The driver seat on my 2021 RAV4 Hybrid stopped moving back and forth.  The left side tries to move but the right side is frozen.  The dealership says the synchronizing cable is broken.  This evident can be replace separately so requires a whole assembly.  Deal quoted $1,980 to repair.  I have 45,500 miles on the car so am out of warranty.  Has anyone else had this issue?

I was going to try and buy the parts and do it myself but the service manual I've consulted don't even show the motor or drive mechanism.   Looking for any advice.

Tried to email Toyota on their website for support but their system doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for any advice.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 year later...

It’s not the drive cables! Toyota is using plastic worm gears that can strip just from your weight in normal traffic!  Very very poor quality designed to provide work for Toyota service departments. Very very very dangerous and negligent design. My advice is to avoid purchasing Toyota/Lexus products made after 2021.  The are the Japanese Ford now!  They have a new “Design for profit”. Trade in or fox choice! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Our toyota rav4 2020 model year, had it for 4 years and the drivers seat  will not move forward or backward. It got stuck, like the man above, on right side of seat, i.e. next to console.  Nothing got jambed or stuck, never had this happen before, or knew of anyone that had this happen.  Very disappointed in quality of toyota, probably won't buy another, getting ready to shop for a truck for my business, TOYOTA WONT BE ONE OF MY CHOICES!!

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2022 at 12:06 PM, JoelH said:

The driver seat on my 2021 RAV4 Hybrid stopped moving back and forth.  The left side tries to move but the right side is frozen.  The dealership says the synchronizing cable is broken.  This evident can be replace separately so requires a whole assembly.  Deal quoted $1,980 to repair.  I have 45,500 miles on the car so am out of warranty.  Has anyone else had this issue?

I was going to try and buy the parts and do it myself but the service manual I've consulted don't even show the motor or drive mechanism.   Looking for any advice.

Tried to email Toyota on their website for support but their system doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for any advice.

This identical thing, word for word, is happening to me right now. What did you end up doing if I might ask?