Dealer can't fix pull (left)

From the first day i bought my 08 camry it has had a pull to the left. It has had 3+ alignments and tires rotated multiple times but the pull is still there. I have even tried different dealers to see if that makes a difference, it didn't. The car now has about 10,500mi and i am wondering what to do. Is this enough of a reason to return for lemon law? Has anyone else had this problem?

It's not even close to enough for lemon law. Call Toyota corporate and see if they'll get involved. #800-331-4331. I know they are supposed to pull very slightly left to compensate for road crown.

Did they check the suspension and the steering wheel? Check the camber/caster angles? Ask if Toyota has a TSB on this.

From the first day i bought my 08 camry it has had a pull to the left. It has had 3+ alignments and tires rotated multiple times but the pull is still there. I have even tried different dealers to see if that makes a difference, it didn't. The car now has about 10,500mi and i am wondering what to do. Is this enough of a reason to return for lemon law? Has anyone else had this problem?

My 2009 pulls left too! I noticed it first time on freeway. Reported the problem and took it in around 400 miles on it - they did a four wheel alignment and swapped left tires (front to back and back to front) masking problem in my opinion. Left the dealership and checked on freeway next day and nothing changed! It is back in again. Also they were "unable to duplicate customer complaint" on my other issue - flat spot on tires.

Here is what I do know - after doing some research - I found that I get a fast hop in the rear of the car - only happens when the car has been parked overnight and only does it for the first 15 or so miles. So I called the manufacture - Bridgestone/Firestone (Bridgestone tires though) they informed me that they are operating as they should! He said you can thank the Federal Government because since their rollover issues w/the Ford Explorer the Government has required them to use nylon caps or something (like old truck tires) on all their tires and they are the only manufacture that does this from what he said. I had a Prius w/Goodyears and I never had this problem. So when I took the car back in for the 2nd time for the pulling I told the Service Mgr about this too and he said he did some research and some Toyota Tech Board informed him to warm up the tires then over-inflate by 5-10 lbs so it will "stretch it out" then let back down to normal 32-35 lbs. Shocking! So they gave me a car while mine is in there - 2009 Camry - drove it next morning - no pulling, no hopping in the rear, took it on the freeway road like a completely different car (same model and same wheels) got out and looked @ the tires - Michelins. Wondering if anyone else has issue with their car that has Bridgestone tires on it too.

Thanks

I am not amazed at this news.

I had Continentals which are a great brand, but for some reason the OEMs that came with the Matrix (others Matrix Owners have experienced this) are prone to wear prematurely even if you inspect them weekly.

In addition - the tires tend to "cup" or "out of round" shape causing weird steering wheel shakes @ certain speeds.

As soon as I upgraded my rims and tires - all was well.

I really am not sure where to place blame - either Toyota for going with poorly made tire brands or models of that brand OR the tire manufacturer themselves.

Best advice for all new Toyota vehicle owners - if your tires that came with the car/truck start to feel "weird" or not normal - switch them out ASAP.

:!:

I find this very interesting, because I used to love Bridgestones. I had Bridgestone Potenza something-speed-rated(forget exactly what; it's been awhile) tires on my Supras, and they were GREAT!!

Just double checked and my 08 has the Michelins on it. This car is very sensitive to road camber and cross winds but there is no consistant pull on the wheel.

Interesting where Ford has the owners run the tires way to soft and Bridgestone/Firestone gets the bad rap.

I had a 02 Taurus that a company car and if the tire pressures where set to factory specs would wallow around like a fat pig in mud. Factory specs with 17" wheels was 28 -32 PSI. Had to run 40 - 44 PSI to get that particular car to handle acceptably.

Just as a test possibly try running the air pressure in your tires 5 - 10 PSI over factory for a short distance to see if thas makes any difference. If the compund is different it may help stretch the tires and keep them from going egg shaped.

just a thought

Just double checked and my 08 has the Michelins on it. This car is very sensitive to road camber and cross winds but there is no consistant pull on the wheel.

Interesting where Ford has the owners run the tires way to soft and Bridgestone/Firestone gets the bad rap.

I had a 02 Taurus that a company car and if the tire pressures where set to factory specs would wallow around like a fat pig in mud. Factory specs with 17" wheels was 28 -32 PSI. Had to run 40 - 44 PSI to get that particular car to handle acceptably.

Just as a test possibly try running the air pressure in your tires 5 - 10 PSI over factory for a short distance to see if thas makes any difference. If the compund is different it may help stretch the tires and keep them from going egg shaped.

just a thought

Thanks for the advice everyone. I heard from the dealership yesterday and the Service Mgr said he feels it now and so does his tech. They are requesting replacement tires but he said normally Toyota wants to swap w/same tire (understandable). However he said he was going to request a different brand (fingers crossed - Michelins) and said it hopefully will not be an issue cause I am under 1K miles on the car. I will let you know the outcome. No word on if the pull to the left has been resolved. Enjoy your holiday weekend.