2023 CamSubscription to features? Is anyone else outraged?!?

BrianMageeXSE

I just found out that remote start on my new 2023 Camry is considered a "service" that I will have pay a subscription for AFTER I already purchased the vehicle. What else is considered a "service" maybe the power windows? The trunk? The brakes? How far do you go with this insanity Toyota? I buy a 40k car and you have the audacity to charge me monthly to use the buttons on my key fob? NEVER again. This buisness model is extortion and you will fail. I hope miserably. I was so happy with my new car until I found out I was being ripped off.  SHAME on you Toyota. 

• Like 1

I just found out the same thing today.  I was looking for a different topic and ran across that item.  Really irritated me.  I have never been able to make the remote start work thru my key fob but I have through the app on my phone.  But I refuse to pay for monthly services that should be part of the car package as it is with other vehicles.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i believe the subscription is just for the phone app not the fob. i'm thinking there are 4 subscription services of which i plan to use 0. we've had the phone app on multiple other vehicles and i might have used them twice in the last 5 years