Searching for Windshield Gasket for 1978 Corolla TE51

AdamW

Hello everyone,

I am new to Toyota Owners Club but not new to Toyotas. I've had my 1978 Corolla Liftback since 2009, and I love it!

Both my windshield and rear glass (on the hatch) leak terribly when it rains. The gaskets are dry and cracked, and quite obviously need to be replaced. The trouble is that I cannot find replacements anywhere! I am hoping that some kind person on this forum has an idea of where I could get them.

The original gaskets used chrome-colored plastic inserts, but I'd be just as happy with all-black "California-style" gaskets, depending on what's available.
Because there were so many different body styles for Corollas during this time, I've attached a picture of mine below. The chassis number is TE51. My understanding is that the different body styles (sedan, wagon, liftback, etc.) all used different windshields, and therefore different windshield gaskets as well.

Thank you for your help!
Adam

6-19-14car.jpeg

• Like 1

Wow!  what an absolute beauty, haven't seen one of that model for many years (probably decades) now

There may be a chance of finding a universal seal of the correct style and dimensions from eBay or other online sales sites
Trouble is that you may need to remove it to measure the dimensions of the channels in the rubber where is fits the bodywork and glass