Good morning.  I think I'm in the new members area.   I have a 2004 Toyota tundra base model with the 3.4L 6-cylinder engine.  My brother bought it new and didn't use it much.  He gave it to me for my birthday a couple of years ago.  Love my truck.  It has dings and scratches but mechanically it is in good condition with 157k miles on it.   I need some advice and would appreciate you pointing me to where someone may have already started a conversation.   The engine has this thing where it will burn the spark plug on cylinder 4.  My brother and now I have to replace it at least twice a year.  The spark plug does not look damaged, just burnt.   I replace it and the truck is back to normal.  Yesterday, I cleaned out the MAF senser, the Throttle intake.  I replaced the gas cap.  Replaced a couple of vacuum hoses, the spark plug wires.  I did all this because I recently replaced all the plugs.  I put in the Denso double platinum plugs.  It felt more like a vacuum leak.  But since the code it was throwing was a misfire on Cylinder 4, I replaced the plug, and the problem went away.    I don't believe it's a head valve, but maybe.   Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated.

• 2 months later...

New to the forum.  I got my 2023 Toyota Corolla Cross last December and love it!  Except for google maps, lack of cd player and the requirement that you have to have your phone in your car to have a working screen.  I was driving a 2003 Corolla and it was a lot less stressful to listen to my tunes.  I do love my heated seats.

• Like 1