Hi, are there any other crazy people here?

Hi, figured I'd join this forum since I now daily an XV40 Camry from 2011 (2AR-FE) and I'm planning to "make do with what I have" which I know is downright insane to do with something like a Camry. Thankfully the XV40 has a little bit of aftermarket stuff, of which I've gotten the DNA Motoring axle-back, and I plan to get wheels eventually. I've seen a vented carbon hood for the XV40 too which I don't plan to get unless I need to for balancing and or cooling. For now she's a reliable daily and the funds are going towards the small stuff needed (car is new to me) and then her big 100k check-up when that rolls around. Also might post about my brother's 97 Avalon sometimes as I've been begging him to let me find at least wheels and coil-overs because it has that cool "90's Toyota flat design" and would look great with just right fitment and a tiny bit lower. It's also Dark Teal Green with tan interior so a pair of gold "wire spoke style" wheels would just look so fire.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2023 at 8:46 AM, Toyota Owners Club said:

Hi CamryChris ....welcome to the Club

Sounds like you have great plans for the Camry

Feel free to post up some pics of the car as is and when you have modded it
Also, your brothers Avalon would get some interest from fellow members I'm sure

Good to have you onboard!

Will do, currently just waiting for good enough weather to put the exhaust on and trying to decide what I will swap the shift knob to since Toyota is weird and has a screw on knob on an automatic. Probably one of those big boso/deco style acrylic numbers direct from Japan. 

• Like 1