Check engine light + fused tailight indicator

Naz

My 98 I4 camry has about 156K on it and I just expirenced a very weird issue. When i turned it on today the P and R on the gear selector on the dashboard were both lit up even though it was completly in park. Then when i put my foot on the brake the check engine light and the fused tailight indicator came on. So i put it in neutral and turned the car off and turned it on again. When i did the car sounded funny when it turned on, not like it does normally and the symtom's happened again. Then i let it warm up, it was about 27 degrees outside. Then after warming up i did the same thing and the P and R problem went away and so did the weird start when i turned it on and so did the fused tailight indicator but the check engine light remained. Then after a short drive when i turned the car on again it went away and is still running and driving normally so i really don't know what to make of it. Anyone else out there expirienced something similar? I'll be taking in to the mechanic shorty to see if theirs anything i should worry about.

Actually I fixed the problem. Seemed like some of the wiring going to the rear tailights/reverse lights/license plate lights was a little damaged in one spot, so i used some electrical tape and the all the problems went away completely