2004 camery

jimmy stewart

Is it the check engine light, or is that little "alert" light? Either way, you should probably take it in. If the VSC light is on and won't turn off, you've probably got a problem with the VSC system somewhere (ABS, traction control, brake assist, etc.).

I'm guessing it's not an emergency, as you probably won't have any issues with the way the car runs, but you may not have the traction control available.

I had a similar problem with my dads car. he has a 2001 lexus RX300. once in a while the check engine and VSC and traction control light would come on and stay on for maybe a week? then it would just go away. It was very odd my dad never paid mind to it because he just says it goes away after a while, so if the cars driving dynamics aren't changed then its prolly not a big deal, but i would recommend taking it in to the dealer to see what they say. The check engine used to happen to my dads RX because whenever he went for a oil change, the placement of the oil filter on the 3.0L V6 is in a hard to reach area and its very very easy to brush up against the oxygen sensor causing the check engine light to come on.