Where to purchase service manuals

oldnslo

Hi all,

is there a source for a service manual other than the Toyota manual volumes 1 - 4. I have performed a search for Haynes & Clymer but neither of them show having a manual for the 06 or newer Camry. I don't need one yet but the day will come and would like to be prepared.

Thanks

Roy

You could do a subscription to Alldata or TIS...they're both online manuals.

I looked the TIS system but at $50 for a month or $350 year seemed kind of steep especially when I don't have internet access in my garage. If I keep the vehicle for ten years at $350/yr I could hardly justify the expense unless I had to do some major repairs and at that point the car would be gone.

Not familiar with alldata but the same problem applies with no internet access.

Does anyone know why there are four volumes for the 07 Camry?

I looked the TIS system but at $50 for a month or $350 year seemed kind of steep especially when I don't have internet access in my garage. If I keep the vehicle for ten years at $350/yr I could hardly justify the expense unless I had to do some major repairs and at that point the car would be gone.

Not familiar with alldata but the same problem applies with no internet access.

Does anyone know why there are four volumes for the 07 Camry?

You could buy the complete set of books with wiring diagrams, etc. from a Toyota dealership for about $200-250....one time investment. You'll end up with about 6 books.

You could buy the complete set of books with wiring diagrams, etc. from a Toyota dealership for about $200-250....one time investment. You'll end up with about 6 books.

Sorry to say that would only buy two of the five manuals. According to my Stealership there are the four volumes that cover the car and the fifth for the electrical system(s). Total cost around $700.

I could not get a complete list of what each volume covered. His suggestion was wait until Haynes, Clymer or Chilton release a manual. Problem is they haven't published a manual for Camry's newer than 05. Since body style changed in 06-07 I would suspect that it will be another few months before the latest version gets released. My bad for buying a new body style I guess.

Appreciate the help but the search goes on.

Roy