CD player

Msfarqhar

Hello! I have 2007 Camry, XLE. Can anyone explain to me why my CD player displays the CD information for some CDs and

not all?? These are music CDs that are store bought, brand new out of the case, not burned or copied CDs. The title and track

information is not displayed. I've tried changing the discs - putting a CD in a different disc player, changing the CDs I play. The same thing happens, no information. Any suggestions for a resolution or explanation would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Is it always the same? ie: CD "A" always displays the song title, etc., while CD "B" never displays the song title? If that's the case, it's the CD itself. It all depends on if the CD was made with the song titles or not...

No. I'm saying CD 'A' will play, the album title and track list will display information. CD 'B' will play, but the album title and track list will not display any information. Both of these CDs are artists CDs. For example CD 'A' is Amy Winehouse and CD 'B' Christina Aguilerra. I've tried several different CDs

and most will not display the album title or the track list.

• 1 year later...
It seems as if it's dependent on whether or not the manufacturer decided to encode the discs that way.

I too have this issue? Pls keep asking, its a pain. Funny thing is my radio didn't show song titles until several years later. I thought it was the region. (05 xle)

I too have this issue? Pls keep asking, its a pain. Funny thing is my radio didn't show song titles until several years later. I thought it was the region. (05 xle)

It has nothing to do with your radio, and everything to do with either the CD encoding if you're playing a CD, or if you have radio stations in your area transmitting a feed. Some new CDs will have song titles, etc., and some radio stations will transmit call letters, song titles, messages like "Listen to the morning show on Sunny 100.whatever", etc.

Your car is fine, it's the media you're using.