multi-function display

yianni

Hello everyone I have a 2003 Camry XLE V6. My question is I have the multi-function display that shows mpg, the range avg mpg.

I am just wondering how to reset the range on this dispay. It is off, when I fill my tank it tells me on a full tank of gas I have 270 miles before it is empty, that is bull because I got over 380 miles and sometimes I get closer to 450-500 miles. There must be a way to reset this function.

If any one can help me with problem I would really apreciate it.

Thank You Very Much.

There's no way to reset the range feature. Toyota builds in a safety buffer. For example, when my GS says it has 0 miles to empty, I actually have about 2 gallons. The reason for this is because if you actually run your fuel injected, highly sophisticated computerized car out of fuel, you're going to have lots of fun issues.

There's no way to reset the range feature. Toyota builds in a safety buffer. For example, when my GS says it has 0 miles to empty, I actually have about 2 gallons. The reason for this is because if you actually run your fuel injected, highly sophisticated computerized car out of fuel, you're going to have lots of fun issues.

The problem is that the range is way off. I am getting over 380 miles and the computer tells me more like 250-270 miles. It makes no sense.

Thank You

What kind of mpg are you getting?

I am getting between 19-23 mpg in the city. Depends on weather and I do realize I would worse mpg beacause I put on four new snow tires. This weird thing is going on for a while. I wonder if I pull the fuse for the circuit would that reset it?

Thank You

I don't think it'll reset. What's your average mpg for one tank of gas? I'm trying to figure out if the difference makes sense...

I get about 360-400 miles per full tank or so. Maybe I am just crazy or these things are not so accurate.