2004 Corolla S LOWERING SPRINGS

trdsupranick

???Hey there, I am considering lowering springs. I have looked around and there are all kinds to choose from. This is my plan.. I am purchasing 18" Konig crosshairs in a few weeks but I want to lower it first. With that in thought I still can't decide what heighth would be good. I have seen kits for 1" lowering kits.... all the way over 2"+ lowering kits. All I want is my 18"s to just fill in the wheel well to have a clean look also without having to modify or have wheels rubbing etc. Huh[ I think I am going to consider the TEIN 1.5" drop kit. Does anyone have any suggestions. Would that be a good enough drop or do I need to go lower or higher???

It's going to be tight to put 18" wheels/tires and lower the car. That being said, Tein is good; so is Eibach. Just lowering the car won't be enough though...you'll most likely have a little bounciness unless you change all the suspension components.

I agree. I have heard that you need to get new struts that have a similar spring rate as what the new springs will have. My understanding is that the reason for this is because the new springs will have a higher spring rate.

My experience with this was with an 1992 MX-3 Precidia GS where I lowered it a good 2" and WOW did it bounce badly. The springs were replacement units, not cut. Bear in mind that the shocks were shot, especially one at the back.

YOu could skip the new struts but running with those springs will probably wear out the shocks sooner too.