2000 Sienna Headlights

TooLate

Mama's car is a 2000 Sienna. Noticed that the headlights are getting dimmer (much weaker than my 03 Camry, particularly on low beam).

I see that there is a listing at WalMart's headlight "bulb" book for the 2000 Sienna. Was told by Toyota rep at one point soon after purchase that the entire headlight housing etc had to be replaced in order to "change bulbs". (Several hundred $ :blink: )

Need a step by step guide to the do's and don'ts of replacing the bulbs so Mama can see where she's going.

I've checked, and it's not alignment or aim points...it's really just dim bulbs...the amber glow of the turn signal shows through or "over" the illumination of the HL...and yes, that's with the HL on ...not the just DRL's ;)

Thanks in advance.

TL

Well, all it took was a trip to AutoZone and a helpful technician. The new light bulbs are in...took all of 15 minutes (he did one and I did the other)...no where close to the whole light fixture price.

No major tricks other than maybe loosening the battery to move it back to improve access to the left light.

Post or PM if I can provide any insight...don't wait too long, I'll sleep soon and who knows what I'll remember after I wake up. :)

TL

Mama's car is a 2000 Sienna. Noticed that the headlights are getting dimmer (much weaker than my 03 Camry, particularly on low beam).

I see that there is a listing at WalMart's headlight "bulb" book for the 2000 Sienna. Was told by Toyota rep at one point soon after purchase that the entire headlight housing etc had to be replaced in order to "change bulbs". (Several hundred $ :blink: )

Need a step by step guide to the do's and don'ts of replacing the bulbs so Mama can see where she's going.

I've checked, and it's not alignment or aim points...it's really just dim bulbs...the amber glow of the turn signal shows through or "over" the illumination of the HL...and yes, that's with the HL on ...not the just DRL's ;)

Thanks in advance.

TL